Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What to say to Suicidal or Troubled Teens

Abraham, Mexican Cruise, 2/2009

(Abe counsels the counselor on what to say to troubled teens.)

Abraham: It's easier to no longer try to modify my behavior to please the unpleasable. I reached somewhere else. I found out I was looking for love in all the wrong places (tell them). I was looking for love in all the wrong places.

And you'll find it in the death experience (say to them), you will. You'll find that love you're looking for in the death experience, and I think that's why it is appealing to you, but I don't think you should have to die to find the love. I think that it's available to you, but you're just tuned to a different frequency.

And hey, I can see how you got tuned to that different frequency. I can see how you got tuned out of alignment. I've been hearing your stories. I've met your parents. I get it. I get why it's hard for you. But I have a sense about you that you didn't come here wanting an easy way. And then, give some other analogies that...

Guest: And so that brings up the bigger subject then of self-love as we talk about being able to love ourself enough to be in our own vortex enough of the time, or all of the time, or most of the time, as opposed to being out and focusing on other people...

Abraham: But stop there for just a moment. Hold that thought. We really want you to come back around to it. But think about it in the context of what we just said. If you could say to them: I think, friend, that you are mastering or on the verge of such self-love that you've figured out that that might be a way that you can totally reemerge into the total love of self.

Guest: Mmm. Wow.

Abraham: But say to them, "There are easier ways. And disregarding the peanut gallery really is one of them, even though it doesn't seem like it, but I'll teach you how (say to them). I'll teach you how. I'll teach you how to release the unlovable. And by that I don't mean (say to them), I don't mean those who you are having a hard time loving, I'm saying those who are having a hard time loving you. You want to release your opinion of their opinion of you from your experience."

Guest: So is that what having a hard time self-loving is? Is that people are just caught up in others' opinion of themself for so long?

Abe: Exactly what it is because if they weren't doing that thing that they do, they'd be swept into the vortex. So here is Source adoring you...*adoring you*. And as long as you feel adored, then you get swept in where all the good stuff is.

But then someone says: You're bad. Not only are you bad you're really bad, and not only are you really bad, I've always known you were bad, and I've never liked this about and this about you and this about you.

And as they drone on and on and this person listens to it and trains themselves there, then even though Source is trying to call them in, they've developed these vibrational patterns where they can't go.

And that's why it occurs to them in their most poignant moments of letting go that... that feeling of Source calling, they're translating it as "I've got to be dead." Because they think it's Dead or Alive. And they want that so much that if that's the choice, "Dead or Alive"... I want that, I'll take dead.

And what you've got to help them to understand is that it's not dead or alive, it's in alignment or not in alignment and you don't have to be dead to be in alignment. That's the message that they want to hear from you, you see. And they'll hear it more loudly than all others who you might teach.

Guest: It's true. It's true. Even teenagers at that age are much more able to hear that, I find, than even the adults that I try to counsel who are dealing with them.

(Continued here.)

© Abraham-Hicks Publications


No comments:

Post a Comment