Sunday, November 8, 2009

Abe on Communication Breakdown

Abraham-Hicks, Washington, D.C.

So if you find yourself having a hard time communicating with someone say to them, "I'm not being clear." And before they protest say, "And I don't mean I'm not being clear with my words. I mean this conversation has got me thinking in opposite places." And then say to them, "Thank you, because in this contrast I'm getting clearer about what I'm reaching for."

And then end the conversation. Never proceed with a conversation that is off on the wrong foot. That's what we were saying to the very first person we were talking to today. When you take action before you've lined up energy, there's not enough action in the world to make the difference. You can't find the words. But when you're tuned in, tapped in, turned on, you're inspired to the perfect words.

And you know, a teacher is only as effective as his ability to understand where his student is. So a communicator is only as effective as her ability to understand where the person is that you're trying to communicate with. If you're over here with all the knowledge in the world and you're trying to talk to somebody who is nowhere near it, and you're talking over here, and they're over here; they're not hearing you anyway. IOW, that's like 630 AM and 98.7 FM. The frequencies aren't matching up. Nobody's getting anything about it.

And so, you must understand where you student is, or where the person you're communicating (with) is, and then you get closer to them so that you can call them closer to where you want to be.

But then you don't want to do _that_ often because then you say, "Well, here I am over here in my clarity. And here they are over there in their confusion. So I'll just go over here. So I'll just go over here...Oh, now I'm confused."

And we say should have stayed over there in your clarity.

You say, "Yeah, but they couldn't hear me. So I thought I'd just go get them!"

And we say looks like they got you!

So the most important thing to remember is stay tuned in, tapped in, turned on. It's not your job to teach anybody else anything. Life will teach them. Teach through the clarity of your example. If you're having a hard time communicating with someone, don't communicate with them. It's a waste of words anyway.

Just stay over here and if they catch up with you they'll come over and you'll have a nice conversation and if they don't, they'll go away. And somebody who is up to speed with you will come over and you'll have a nice conversation. But stop trying to convince people against their will. It is vibrationally impossible.

© Abraham-Hicks Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment