Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Abe: Why Greater Creativity Trumps Bean Counting
Part 1

Q: I was also dealing with some financial issues, and my bank accounts are disorganized – my personal account, my business account, money's going back and forth between those two; my personal and business credit cards, you know, it's like wherever I need the money from it's being pulled here to go there and being pulled here to go there. Is that related to this? I mean, is disorganization in this area causing me financial distress or are those just still not....

Abe: Well, we think the disorganization that you have been practicing is sort of evident there, but we do not think one is the cause of the other. We think that the way you feel about organizing is the cause of all of them. But here is the thing that we really want you to hear: are you making it work? In other words, do you have a sense of where the money is?

Q: I...not in a way that I could explain to the IRS. (Laughter.) But, yeah, I know where money is and which bank account has some in it at that moment and which one might need it later.

Abe: Well, if you ever needed to explain it, all of the records are there. In other words, money in and money out is not a difficult thing to explain. Even when you spend something on your credit card, there is a record of it. And so at any point that any reconciliation is necessary, it is there for you. The reason that we're playing with you here a little bit is because we want to soothe you into this place where you are no longer beating up on yourself for your organizational style.

And we would call it a style because it's sort of the way that you are moving, and the reason that we are not wanting you to all of a sudden begin to try to tighten up on yourself and shape up and do things in a more regimented way, in the way that would please someone else, is because creative juices very often are inhibited. In other words, sometimes there is a greater sacrifice to creative flow when you get all organized than when you just allow things to flow.

So the question that we are putting to you is: do your organizational skills, particularly the ones that are relating to money, cause you trauma? In other words, are you bouncing checks? Are you getting late notices? Are you financially behind things as a result of what some would call [irresponsibility]? Or are you managing in your style?

Q: Yes to both. I mean, it has caused me to end up bouncing a check or getting a late fee and things like that. And yeah, I think I've gotten to the point where that doesn't bother me.

Abe: Well, you see, this is hard for many to hear but when you get into this creative flow where you're asking and the Universe is yielding, you reach this place where you don't sweat the small stuff. And keeping track of what you did is a little bit of sweating the small stuff.

Now, we know your government requires it of you to a certain degree, we know that there are records and reconciliations that are required, but we have to say to you: far, far, far more importance is put upon that than we would if we were standing in your physical shoes because you spend your time doing things you do not want to do, get yourself out of snyc with the flow -– when you get in the flow, so much avalanches in that it becomes unimportant how it is managed. It's sort of like saying, "I have more money than I have any sensible use for, so now I don't have to keep such a close eye on my bank account."

Abraham-Hicks, Cincinnati, OH, 9/23/02

No comments:

Post a Comment