Monday, August 31, 2009

Abraham on Parents, Teens and Piercings

Abraham-Hicks Jan/Feb/Mar 1997 newsletter

GUEST: I don’t get along with my father very well. He has very contradictory ideas about what I want to do, and I was wondering, if he wants something very strongly... Well, I want to pierce my belly button and he does not want me to do that. It’s like a sin, and so if he is wanting very much for me to have a whole complete belly button without any holes or anything, and I am wanting to have a belly ring, how will that work out?

ABRAHAM: All right, now, let us show you what’s happening here. Teenagers are the one example in all of the Universe that defies the Law of Attraction as we know it to be. (group laughs) We are having fun with you.

What happens with any two groups or two armies or any two people that are wanting something different from the other...what happens is, as your father knows clearly what he does not want and gives that his attention, he is disempowered, which makes him mad at you, because it is his attention to you that makes him feel so bad. As you see your father as someone big and strong and in your way from what you want, you are disempowered, which makes you want to blame him for the way you feel. You’re both using each other as your excuse to not be connected to your Energy Stream.

So as each of you, independently from each other, focuses upon what you don’t want, momentarily, because that’s always the best way to identify what you do want. So your father would say, “Well I know what I don’t want. I don’t want her puncturing her body. I know what I don’t want. I don’t want her wearing something that is a symbol of something that I don’t feel comfortable with. It could mean any number of things, but it is representation of something that I am not at one with. I don’t want her getting a belly button ring because I wouldn’t get one. I don’t want her getting a belly ring because it makes her appear to be something other than what I want her to appear to be.”

Now, having said that, his desire may be erupting within him, and so then he could begin saying, “What I want to include, relative to my daughter, is I want her to be so at one with who she is that she acknowledges that all is well with her. I want her to feel so self-sufficient about who she is that she doesn’t have to do anything faddish in order to fit in. I want her to feel so confident and so comfortable and so connected to who she is that she just radiates the essence of that and doesn’t feel any desire to go the way of the fad. I want her to acknowledge that her magnificent body is young and beautiful and delicious, and I want her desire to be to hold it in that place forevermore.”

Now, if your father is saying those kinds of things to you, we don’t think you’d feel so much resistance about it. When he taps into the pure essence of his Nonphysical Energy and expresses that to you, you would not feel nearly so much resistance.

Now, let’s say that you’re saying, “I don’t want somebody telling me what I can and cannot do. I don’t want somebody else making their decisions for me. I don’t want somebody else making the decisions about what I do with my own body.” So you know what you don’t want. And then you begin making your statements of inclusion. “I want my daddy to realize that I’m all grown up. I want him to know that I really know what I’m doing. I want to be self-sufficient. I want to be...”

All of a sudden, when you both start including, you find yourself saying the same kinds of things. In other words, you are in absolute harmony about what you want. And the belly ring is superfluous to any of it. Get it or don’t get it. It doesn’t matter. You can both still have what you want.

(c) Abraham Hicks Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment